Lightweight Sweater For Summer
Does anyone else live in a climate that has warm days and cool nights during the summer? We’ve lived in Colorado for a few years so I’m now a pro at navigating those cold summer nights. But even if you live in the HOTTEST climate (my Texans and Floridians)…you still need a lightweight sweater. I know, I know, some of you are thinking there’s NO WAY you’ll wear a sweater during the summer. But you will wear it in the mornings and evenings, and you’ll want it in the HEAVILY air-conditioned restaurants. I always felt cold in the summer in Texas because of all the AC! Below, I’m sharing a lightweight sweater I’ll wear all summer that’s perfect for those cool summer nights…
You may remember me talking about Brochu Walker sweaters in this post. They’re the perfect, pre-layered sweaters that don’t add bulk like actual layers do. Plus, the 2-in-1 style element looks super chic, streamlined, and sophisticated! This Brochu Walker sweater is perfect for summer because of the gorgeous delicate lace trim details. I have it tucked into my jeans in the photos above so you can’t see, but the lace detailing around the flattering v-neckline is also around the hemline of the sweater. There’s also some subtle ruching on the shoulder that adds another interesting style detail.
How To Style Lightweight Summer Sweaters
I styled the sweater with white wide-leg jeans by Maje. These jeans are the perfect spring/summer staple. If you don’t already have a pair of white jeans you love, give these a try! They’re stretchy but still feel secure, aren’t see-through, and they’re the perfect length. I’m 5’4” for reference. The wider leg silhouette is also on-trend! They run TTS.
Some other ways I’ll style the sweater this summer…
- Pair it with denim shorts for a laid back, casual summer look. If you missed my post on how to find the best denim shorts over 40, make sure you check out it out here!
- Throw it over a dress for a chic, elevated look. You can also take it off and tie it around your shoulders or waist if you get too warm.
- Pair it with a streamlined skirt for an effortlessly cool outfit!
- For a trendy option, try wide, loose-fitting trousers with your lightweight sweater.
- And for the casual, weekend-at-home look, just throw on a pair of leggings with your lightweight sweater!
What’s the temperature like where you live? Would you wear a sweater during the summer? Let me know in the comments below!
To get blog posts delivered directly to your inbox, along with some incredible resources, be sure to sign up for the newsletter here.
Thanks for stopping by!